It seems that your language is not german. Do you want to switch to the english version?
In the past 8 years we have specialized in presenting our customers special instruments from the Martin Custom Shop. Those efforts result in unique creations like this Martin D-28 Custom Shop. At first glance, this is a rather inconspicuous D-28. In terms of appearance, we have placed great importance on understatement with this model. But the devil is in the detail and a closer look reveals a very special instrument!
Wood selection: here traditional woods are used, which promise a clear and powerful tone. Adirondack spruce is THE top wood for a good Martin among connoisseurs. It has a lot of power, also in the single notes. A must have for fans of the vintage Martin sound! Back and sides are made of Madagascar rosewood, which looks and sounds very close to the saught after Brazilian rosewood. The tones are direct and clear, with defined bass and rich, bell-like trebles. On the top side, additional power is generated by a hand-shaped forward shifted scalloped X-bracing, which is also made of Adirondack spruce. Overall, the result is an instrument with a very good response, a lot of power and great dynamics! A rather inconspicuous, but technically important detail are the small strips made of Spanish cedar that are placed along the sides. These additionally stabilize the static component and prevent cracking!
The visual aspect was deliberately kept discreet. Here the special tonewoods should speak for themselves. Of course, there are still small, fine details hidden. The binding is in Antique White and is accompanied by decorative strips made of black fiber and maple. The rosette also consists of multiple strips of fiber and maple, which we have chosen as an upgrade to the white plastic. A small change with a big visual effect! Another special feature are the vintage open gear, golden Gotoh tuners. The body is finished in high gloss, with the top in a golden yellow aging toner. The back of the neck with the modern modified low oval profile is satin, while the front of the headstock is gloss again. The black ebony fingerboard is adorned with Diamond & Squares long pattern inlays made of abalone. To round off the noble look, we decided to use bone for the jut, saddle and pin material. The custom label with the signature of C.F. Martin IV can be seen through the sound hole.
This instrument was created by our luthier and acoustic specialist Daniel Ott. If you have any questions about this instrument, please feel free to contact him by phone or email!
- Model: D-28 Madagaskar/Adirondack Custom Shop
- Sr.-Nr.: -
- handmade in Nazareth/USA
- 3 Years Martin - Guarantee!
- Strings: Martin Authentic Lifespan 2.0 13-56 Medium Gauge
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Shape: Dreadnought 14 Fret
- Top: Adirondack (Red) Spruce, solid
- Back & Sides: Madagaskar Rosewood, solid
- Finish: Highgloss Nitrocellulose, Aging Toner Top
- Bracing: Adirondack Spruce Forward Shifted Scalloped X-Bracing - 5/16" Standard
- Binding: Antique White
- Top Inlay: Multi-Ply Black Fiber/Maple/Black Fiber
- Rosette: Style 28 Black Fiber/Maple
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Back Purfling: Checkerboard
- Ribbons: Spanish Cedar
- Side Strips: East Indian Rosewood
- Material: Select Hardwood (Mahogany)
- Shape: Modified Low Oval - High Performance Taper
- Heelcap Materal: Antique Ahite
- Headplate Material: Madagaskar Rosewood
- Headplate Decal: Old Style gold
- Fretboard: Black Ebony - 16" Radius
- Fretboard Inlays: Diamond & Squares Long Pattern - Select Abalone
- Sidedots: White
- Scale Length: 25,4" (647mm)
- Frets: 20
- Width at Nut: 1 3/4“ (44,45mm)
- Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8" (53,97mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Finish: Satin with Gloss Headplate
- Tuner: Gotoh Gold Vintage Open Gear with Butterbean Knobs
- Bridge Material: Black Ebony – Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Bridge Pins: Bone with Black Dot
- String Spacing: 2 5/32" (54,76mm)
- Hardshell Case
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Custom Label: C.F. Martin IV´s Signature
incl. 19% VAT (VAT varies depending on the country of delivery)
Available from 21.12.2021
Bitte beachten Sie, dass es sich hier um ein Finanzierungsbeispiel handelt und es zu minimalen Abweichungen kommen kann. Den genauen Endbetrag erfahren Sie bei der Online-Finanzierung mit der Santander-Bank.
Im Bestellvorgang muss die Zahlungsart „Santander Ratenkredit“ ausgehwählt werden.
Interested in our newsletter? We are looking forward to your registration