It seems that your language is not german. Do you want to switch to the english version?
When I commission a new instrument from the Martin Custom Shop, I always think about what kind of player I want to appeal to. The idea for this guitar came to me after seeing a video of flatpicking virtuoso Billy Strings. This instrument is intended as a homage to Billy Strings and is perfect for flat picking. Preston Thompson already built a few instruments for Billy and so I took a limited signature model as a template and transferred the essential features of this guitar.
The result was the Martin D-28 Adirondack Custom Shop "Billy's Dream"! The basis is a classic Martin D-28. This was equipped with Adirondack spruce and has forward shifted scalloped X-bracing made of the same material. The neck is kept slim at 1 11/16" or 42.8mm for fast runs when flat picking. The standard taper with 2 1/8" string spacing creates enough space for the fingers when picking. In terms of design, I adopted some 18 style elements. The rosette is made of Old Style 18 Black Maple Fiber. The mother of pearl dots on the fretboard are also in the Old Style 18 style. The headstock is made of black ebony, which can be found in the fretboard and bridge. Bone bridge pins with a paua dots give the guitar an additional classy touch. The golden-yellow aging toner on the cover creates a subtle vintage look. The instrument comes in a black case.
If you have any questions about this special instrument, please feel free to contact me at any time!
- Model: D-28 Adirondack Custom Shop "Billys Dream"
- handmade in Nazareth/USA
- 3 Year Guitar-Place warranty
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Shape: Dreadnought 14-Fret
- Top: Adirdondack Spruce, solid
- Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood, solid
- Finish: Gloss, Aging Toner Top
- Bracing: Forward Shifted & Scalloped Adirondack X-Bracing
- Binding: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
- Rosette: Old Style 18 Black Maple Fiber
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Material: Select Hardwood
- Finish: Satin Back, Polished Headplate
- Shape: Modified Low Oval - Standard Taper
- Fretboard: Black Ebony
- Fretboard Inlays: Old Style 18 Dots - Mother of Pearl
- Headplate Material: Black Ebony
- Headplate Logo: Old Style Gold
- Scale Length: 25,4“
- Frets: 20
- Width at Nut: 1 11/16“ (42,8mm)
- Width at 12th fret: 2 1/8" (53,97mm)
- Nut Material: Bone
- Optional: Contact our luthier Daniel for more information
- Tuner: Grover Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Black Ebony – Modern Belly
- Saddle Material: Compensated Bone
- Bridge Pins: Bone with Paua Dots
- 3-Ply Hardshell Case with Domed Top
incl. 19% VAT (VAT varies depending on the country of delivery)
Available from 30.01.2024
Bitte beachten Sie, dass es sich hier um ein Finanzierungsbeispiel handelt und es zu minimalen Abweichungen kommen kann. Den genauen Endbetrag erfahren Sie bei der Online-Finanzierung mit der Santander-Bank.
Im Bestellvorgang muss die Zahlungsart „Santander Ratenkredit“ ausgehwählt werden.
Interested in our newsletter? We are looking forward to your registration